Thursday, February 12, 2009

Why I didn't run (I need a filler post)

In December I was planning on running for BOA Social Sciences. I even started collecting signatures. During the Christmas break I decided not to run. Why?

1) The time constraints. I work a full-time job, go to school full-time, and love hanging out with the Youth Group. Now, the thing that attracted me to the BOA was simple, you did not have to be bilingual, and it was one meeting a month. However, I cannot guarantee that I will be available on the specific Sunday that the meeting is scheduled. ie. I am away the first 3 Sundays in February for instance.

2) My issues are with the current SFUO executive. What if the incoming SFUO exec is admirable and I support them.

3) If I was on the BOA and was acting in a antagonist manner towards the exec and was unable to attend a meeting then they would have due cause to remove me from the BOA. This is my conclusion point that works with points 1 & 2.

4) After doing some reading, I realized that the BOA was not actually where I wanted to be anyways.

So now, my plan is to sit on the sidelines and be vocal. I will likely keep some sort of blog, probably merge this type of blog with a personal one, just in case there is nothing to write about here, my real life highlights can pick up the slack.

No comments:

Post a Comment